Hello,

I have been wrestling with my laptop for days now, and I'm not sure what to do.

I wanted to put 5.1 on it, but booting from the CD failed.  The boot halted at at line
saying:

agp0: <Intel 82443BX (440 BX) host to PCI bridge> mem 0-0x3ffffff at device 0.0 on pci0

After it was clear that the boot was not going to proceed, I cycled the power and the
same thing happened repeatedly.  I had an old 4.6.2 CD sitting around, so I installed
that.  I was happy that this worked and I proceeded to cvsup to the current version of
4.8 (no longer trying 5.x).  After doing a make buildworld, buildkernel,
installkernel, the system hangs-up on boot at the exact same line.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?  I would really like to get FreeBSD on
this machine. :)

tia

Eric