Hi lists,

I upgraded Xfree86-clients from ports using portupgrade today and noticed that xdm was no longer working afterwards.
After some searching i found that the config files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm had been overwritten.

Since i had a similar problem with another port the other day, i want to ask:

- Is this expected behaviour?
- Should i manually inspect my config files after each portupgrade?
- Or is this just a bug in XFree86-clients (and possibly some other ports)?

Luckily, my changes to the config files were only minor, so i did not have to restore them from tape :-)

Anyway it's annoying..

Regards,
--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341