Matt Hartzell wrote:
I am interested in using FreeBSD and KDE as a semi-publicly accessible
internet terminal.  I have a web-based application that I would like to
run from this type of setup.

Does anyone have any experience using a setup like this? Can any one
point me toward relevant documents?

If you only need to show a website and no other programs should be displayed in parallel you might want to try a combination of ratpoison+browser of your choice. Depending on your browser you can even omit ratpoison and just start the browser as the xsession (should have tabbed browsing then).

In effect you get a fullscreen browser with your app as homepage. More browser windows can be openend and switched between them with free configurable shortcuts (i recommend alt+tab). If the browser is closed you end the xsession and depending on configuration a new session might open or show a loginscreen.

Hendrik