On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 04:42, daniel meg wrote:
> I am running FreeBSD 4.8 RELEASE.
>
> Video Card: nVidia RIVA128
>
> I run the xf86config trillion of times..read through the manual over and
> over..but just can't get it to works...the attached file is the XFree86.log
> file and mine XF86Config file..hope BSD hackers will help..

Unlikely to be your base problem but:
(Ryan Merrisk's response is probably more relevant for that)
the in following '/dev/sysmouse' suggests you are running 'moused'. But I
don't believe 'moused' reports in Microsoft protocol.
<Quote>
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "Microsoft"