On Sunday 07 September 2003 04:27, Kip Macy wrote:
> Does FreeBSD have anything comparable to Linux's I2O support?
> My impression is that it is dealt with on a driver by driver basis
> and there isn't an API per se'.

I don't know Linux's I2O support but if it is something SMBus related you can
find the following:

# SMB bus
#
# System Management Bus support is provided by the 'smbus' device.
# Access to the SMBus device is via the 'smb' device (/dev/smb*),
# which is a child of the 'smbus' device.
#
# Supported devices:
# smb           standard io through /dev/smb*
#
# Supported SMB interfaces:
# iicsmb        I2C to SMB bridge with any iicbus interface
# bktr          brooktree848 I2C hardware interface
# intpm         Intel PIIX4 (82371AB, 82443MX) Power Management Unit
# alpm          Acer Aladdin-IV/V/Pro2 Power Management Unit
# ichsmb        Intel ICH SMBus controller chips (82801AA, 82801AB, 82801BA)
# viapm         VIA VT82C586B/596B/686A and VT8233 Power Management Unit
# amdpm         AMD 756 Power Management Unit
# nfpm          NVIDIA nForce Power Management Unit
#
device          smbus           # Bus support, required for smb below.

device          intpm
device          alpm
device          ichsmb
device          viapm
device          amdpm
device          nfpm

device          smb

#
# I2C Bus
#
# Philips i2c bus support is provided by the `iicbus' device.
#
# Supported devices:
# ic    i2c network interface
# iic   i2c standard io
# iicsmb i2c to smb bridge. Allow i2c i/o with smb commands.