On Monday 08 September 2003 01:06, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> ** Reply to note from Harald Schmalzbauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sun, 7 Sep
> 2003 14:57:38 +0200
>
> > > Does FreeBSD have anything comparable to Linux's I2O support?
> > > My impression is that it is dealt with on a driver by driver basis
> > > and there isn't an API per se'.
> >
> > I don't know Linux's I2O support but if it is something SMBus related you
> > c= an=20
> > find the following:
>
> BTW, what's the purpose of this?

In case of SMBus: I'ts part of the Philips i2c 2-Wire-Serial-Bus. It was
developed especially to control tuner modules in TV-Sets which is applicable
to PC-Tunerhardware (Brooktree e.g.).
Also newer Mainboards (round since Intels BX Chipset)use this slow but easy to
integrate and very robust bus to communicate with their "health" sensors like
the lm78 which implements temperature sensors, rpm-counters (fan), and
voltage meters.

-Harry