On Friday 12 September 2003 14:34, Alex Zivenko wrote:
> Hallo all!
> I am russian, but I have FreeBSD 4.8 installed with onlu eng support. How
> can I add ru support in my X (I am using KDE), and in console? Thank's

I think you need to modify the LANG environment variable in your .cshrc (or
whatever shell you're using). I'm not sure, however, whether it does modify
the language or only the character set.

In KDE, open the control center and go to Regional & Accessibility ->
Country/Region and Language.
You need to install the additional language pack first:
        # cd /usr/ports/russian/kde3-i18n
        # make install

Regards,
Daniela