Well, file splitting (breaking up a rar file by user selected byte size), simple GUI interface, right click and archive, double click extract, file preview, tunable compression ratios. Those are just for starters. It's one of the reasons I use WinRar on windows cause of all the stuff it does. The biggest selling point for a BSD equivalent would be the ability to do both Rar and Zip and to be able to split a large archive into smaller pieces. Those are the two things I like most about it. :) Not that it does them, but does them in the most idiot proof manor. Something even I can't screw up! :D

At 09:24 AM 9/14/03 -0500, David Fleck wrote:
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Dragoncrest wrote:
> ...but one thing the list doesn't tell me is what is a good replacement
> in nix that does everything winrar does.

What exactly does WinRar do that you want to replicate?
'Everything' is pretty broad.

-- David Fleck [EMAIL PROTECTED]