On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 04:36, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Sunday,  7 September 2003 at  0:39:57 -0600, Samuel Chow wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> >     I have the following vinum volume that I want to remove.
> >     The disks will be reassigned to other machines.
> >
> >     After reading the man page, I am under the impression that
> >     I am supposed to first use the stop command.

> >     Umm... The stop command doesn't seem to work recursively, even
> >     when the -r flag is specified.
> >
> >     vinum -> rm -r dataVol
> >     Can't remove dataVol: Device busy (16)
>
> The way to do it is with rm -rf.  Arguably this is a bug.
>
> Greg
> --

I've never used vinum, but I remember seeing similar 'device busy'
error messages when I tried to umount a partition while the current
directory (cd) was still within that partition.

Just a thought that maybe you're still cd'ed in your vinum partition
while trying to remove it and it's causing the error.

Ekrem