"Drew Tomlinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Is there anything I can do to save this machine?  I'm afraid if I power it
> off, the disk will be corrupt and it probably won't boot.  I'd really like
> to make a backup and then replace the disk.  Any ideas?

If you *don't* power it down, you should *still* be afraid that disk
will be corrupt and it won't boot.

If it's networked, try backing up using that.

It's possible that you'll have more success reading the disk if you
take it out and put it in another machine (using a different drive
cable, just to be sure), but not likely.