Silly question. Been trying to update my code today and all I can seem to update to is 3.6.1, yet I've seen other distros with 3.7.1p1 already. I think the openssh website also has 3.7.1p1 on it too. Obviously the ports tree has gotta catch up, but does anyone know when it will? For right now I can live with just shutting off access to ssh for now, but I'd like to upgrade to the 3.7.1p1 as soon as it's available for Freebsd.

At 03:26 PM 9/16/03 -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
Johan Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Refering to the latest sshd vurnability
> (http://slashdot.org/articles/03/09/16/1327248.shtml?tid=126&tid=172)
> I was thinking of upgradeing my sshd as well. So I cvsup'ed my system
> (FBSD 4.8) and there seems to be a updated file for sshd. But how do I
> upgrade sshd safly since when I type 'pkg_info |grep ssh' it return no
> packages. I guess sshd is included somehow by the default install (??)
> but how can I now upgrade it? I was thinking of portupgrade, but it
> needs a package to upgrade...

Right.  openssh is part of the base system, and not normally installed
as a package.  There is a security advisory newly out on the usual
FreeBSD mailing lists, and it gives instructions on fixing just this
one problem, but it's probably better to update the whole system when
you get a chance.  [Note that this vulnerability does *not* give
attackers an opportunity to run their code on your system.]