On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Jason L. Schwab wrote:

> Heya Folks;
>
>       I've been looking into setting up IMAPd support
>       on my mail servers, and i got it working with
>       both UW and Courier, but both seem to take way
>       to long (upwards of minutes) to login and fetch
>       my mail. (like 10 messages) on the test acct.

        I would not blame the software so quickly.  We run imap-uw on very
        heavily loaded boxes and rarely see problems with it.  Sure it's
        not the fastest but minutes of wait?  No.  I would suggest looking
        at:

        1) DNS issues (resolution issues)
        2) If it's login related checking into PAM issues (DB issues)
        3) Check network problems (Duplex mismatch? Congestion?)
        4) Check hardware problems (Disk especially)

Nick Rogness <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-
  How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.
                                -Emo Philips