>         Cool.  How do you see what the patch date is?  I know how to find
> the version, but not things like the patch date.  Man didn't tell me how to
> either.

I am assuming that you mean the base system sshd. You can find the
details for the patch at CVSweb site:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/crypto/openssh/?sortby=date#dirlist

If you have a look at one of the patched files, buffers.c for example.
you can reconstruct all the modifications the led the the current
version of the file. To continue the example, if you are running -STABLE
a.k.a RELENG_4 (at the present), can see that the current CVS revision of
buffers.c is  1.1.1.1.2.7, and that it has been merged from -CURRENT's
revision 1.2.

Cheers,
 Simon