On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Vlad D. Markov wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:44:16 -0400 (EDT)
> Peter Leftwich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The option vsmap is asking for an image browser.  The program need not
> > necessarily cache thumbnails on the hard disk.  Perhaps this is a wish
> > list item for xv developers or a sign to shop for other alternatives.
> >
> > All I ever wanted was a file explorer similar to Microsoft Explorer
> > (latest) or ACDSee32 (www.acdsystems.com I think).  In Unix.  Too much
> > to ask?
> >
> I had a gtk app that displayed thumbnails as you went thru the directory
> structure, is that what you are looking for? It was gqview and is in the
> ports. Thumbnail display is an option from the menubar

Great post!  Thank you.  I had actually tried this or a similar app before
and was dismayed that the thumbnails were not in a grid (rather, they are
in a single, uniform column) but there are SO MANY great features that I'll
settle!!!  Awesome.  You can rename, delete, move, bulk move, etc also.
Thanks again, you made my day.

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services