Tadimeti Keshav wrote:

Guys,
I have a D815EPEA intel based motherboard. My
dual-boot Redhat 9.0 setup can automatically shutdown
and power off. But freeBSD can't do that (yet).

Are there any flags I need to set in rc.conf or what
do I need to set to recompile the kernel?
I use freeBSD 4.5.
THanks

This was a recent question, the answer was shutdown -p now. If acpi if off it may now automatically power off.
Check /boot/loader.conf for hint.acpi...., if this is set comment it out and it will work. The reason it was commented out on new installs was acpi was broken on some boards with 5.0 and newer.