Chern Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Can I get some examples of recent P4 motherboards
> you're successfully using with FreeBSD.

I'm running a Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394 .   Obviously,
I'm not using the RAID (though I wouldn't mind being
able to use it in the simple-IDE mode) and I haven't
fooled around with getting the sound working.
Otherwise it seems solid.

Bad results: An ABIT Athlon motherboard -- I don't
have the number at hand.  FreeBSD apparently mistook
the BIOS-upgrade subsystem for one or two NICs, and
wiped the BIOS trying to bring the NICs up.  The
board wouldn't even POST or operate its SMD indicator
LEDs.  A shame; it ran well until I tried to bring
the network up.  (I did enter a trouble report on it.)