On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:13 am, Tom Parquette wrote:
> The question I have is, are these devices generic enough that other
> manufacturer's devices will work with the umass driver?

I have tried a few, my own one is an Apacer which works great, I have used
some others, but they did not have brand names on them so I dont even know
what they are. I am not certian, but there is a special windows driver which
has existed since 98 to support these things, and every device developed I
have seen just uses this generic windows driver, so I suspect it works the
same way in FreeBSD (that most umass devices are identical in their driver
requirements).

When I purchased mine, I asked them if I could return it if it was not
compatable with my OS and they said yes, so thats the best option I think,
just by it from a shop which will let you return it.

 - jacob