On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 10:47:18PM +0200, David Landgren wrote:
> Schalk Erasmus wrote:
>
> >It is interesting to see that some of our colleagues belonging to the
> >FreeBSD Mailing List, are infected with the Worm.Swen virus!
>
> Sven forges envelope senders; that you receive messages purporting to
> come from FreeBSD lists means nothing.
Whilst I don't agree with the general gist of the OT's post - the fact
that someone receives a message allegedly coming from a freebsd list DOES
indicate that someone who has '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' in their
addressbook was infected with the worm - so what Schalk says is actually
true.

Unsubscribing from the list though does seem a bit of a knee-jerk
reaction... argh I got port-scanned!  <switches off router> :)

Schalk - if your email scanner is working, why worry?

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/