the patch does not change the version string. there is an earlier email about this. look back a few days.

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 01:45 PM, Dustin Puryear wrote:

At 08:27 AM 9/19/2003 -0400, Ben Dover wrote:

I patched my SSHD on FreeBSD ver 5.1 (base system, not ports) and after stopping the SSHD server and restarting I checked the version and received the following:

schizoid# /usr/sbin/sshd -\?
sshd version OpenSSH_3.6.1p1 FreeBSD-20030423

Why did I not receive the September date? Did the patch fail?

Show us exactly how you patched and then restarted sshd.

--- Dustin Puryear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Puryear Information Technology, LLC <http://www.puryear-it.com> Providing expertise in the management, integration, and security of Windows and UNIX systems, networks, and applications.