I'd like to be able to use various sound sources at the same time. So I did what Handbook recommends. Now, it says, all I need is to make each source use one particular (not occupied) virtual chanel, for instace /dev/dsp0.n What exactly does this mean? Is there some kind of a "common for every application" order of actions to accomplish this?
Is it possible to set some kind of a daemon to make all the required actions for me when it come to producing sound?

Could you point me to an application I could use in other commands to produce sounds (for example OnEvent handle in LICQ):
if(Some_Event_Happened) "play fooevent.wav & exit"

Best regards. Vlad