On Tue, Sep 23, 2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> So i have this old vid card and I'm trying to find out if
> it's supported in FreeBSD.  The trouble is that all of the
> hardware docs i've looked at...have no section for video
> adapters.  Is there a list somewhere of supported vid
> cards?

and [EMAIL PROTECTED] responded:

> See www.xfree86.org.

I would add that for any particular installation of XFree86 on
FreeBSD one can find hardware compatibility documentation in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc (assuming of course that the doc files
were installed).

Some of the man pages in /usr/X11R6/man/man4 may also be useful.

I have found that while the documentation in a given installation
of XFree86 may be more specific to that installation, the
documentation on www.xfree86.org is sometimes more complete.
The most recent release of XFree86, 4.3.0, is more or less what
all recent FreeBSD releases are using.

Dan Strick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]