On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 05:32:33PM -0700, Charlie Schluting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to configure sasl with postfix.. and I keep getting "Login
> Failed"
Not a massive help this one but maybe a small nudge :)

Have you tried using the testsaslauthd util to test whether saslauthd
is actually authenticating ok?  I think you may need to build the
utility manually - I don't think it's installed by the freebsd port by
default.  There should be instructions in the port somewhere about it.

Ok:

cd /usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd/
make configure
cd /usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd/work/cyrus-sasl-2.1.15/saslauthd
make testsaslauthd

should work :)

To use - this is from the file
/usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd/work/cyrus-sasl-2.1.15/saslauthd/LDAP_SASLAUTHD:

-snip-
3. TESTING
----------

First build testsaslauthd:
cd $sasl_src/saslauthd
make testsaslauthd

Run test utility:
./testsaslauthd -u igor -p secret
0: OK "Success."

If you get output other then Success, check the auth.* syslog facility.
Hopefully this will give you enough information to make adjustements in
the
startup and/or configuration files.
-snip-

No idea about postfix I'm afraid - saslauthd works very nicely with Exim
though :)

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/