I just purchased a Sil680 IDE RAID controller, and have setup
a striped RAID array.  When I boot from the 5.1 installation
CD-ROM, FreeBSD does not recognize them as one disk.  I
checked the hardware notes, and "Sil680 UDMA6" is listed.
Seeing Sil680 listed, I assumed that the RAID capabilities
would also be supported.  I read something posted awhile back
referring to the Sil680 controller, saying it was supported,
but dangerous unless using 5.1-Current.  Does anybody know
anything about the current status of this?  Is there anyway to
get the FreeBSD installation to recognize my RAID array, or
should I just buy another controller?

Thanks,

Travis Troyer