On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 22:39, Enoch Chan wrote:
> I have tried to install FreeBSD 5.0 and 5.1 from a burned CD
> ... Both CD won't boot to kernel config. I tried to go to the loader
> prompt and type in boot -c but it won't work. It just boot right
> into sysinstall.

Hi,

there is no boot -c anymore in FreeBSD 5. To set options for specific
devices or to disable some, you set hints in the boot loader, for
example

set hint.acpi.0.disabled=1
boot

To disable ACPI support and continue booting.

To find out more about the installation of FreeBSD, read the
Installation Guide at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-start.html

(Section 2.3.2 deals with Kernel configuration)

HTH,
--
Andreas Kohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>