    char *Name;
};

and

typedef struct customStruct {
    int RecID;
    char *Name;
};

??

I had the latter, but when I started moving my code into
different files to reorganize things, gcc started giving
me warnings.  The warnings went away when I moved to the
former.  I can't quite figure out what the difference is.
Is one correct and the other not?

2) I'm a self-taught C programmer.  That means that I know
   a lot, but I often bump into things that I should know
   (like question #1) that I don't.  Does anyone have a
   suggestion for a mailing list that would be good for
   asking questions like the above?  Keep in mind that
   I'm not an amature, I'm just not formally trained, so
   I bump into lots of areas that I'm not sure what I'm
   doing because I haven't studied it yet ;)

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies