I've recently installed FreeBSD 5.1 on my Athlon-based machine, and most
everything seems to be working ok. However, I have a problem trying to run
any s/w that uses the Tcl library libtcl8.3.so.1. Whenver I run such a
program, including wish8.3, tkdesk, tkman and others, I get the following
error message:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libtcl83.so.1: Undefined \
symbol "__xuname"

I have no idea why I would have such an undefined symbol in an officially
ported FBSD package. Can anyone give me some insight into this problem, and
a possible solution? TIA for any help you can give me.

Steve O'Neill

--
"I think, therefore I thwim."

                R. Descartes