Usually, windows will show up in the BSD boot manager as ???, so the
boot prompt on my system (Win2K and FreeBSD 5.1) is the following:

F1 ???
F2 FreeBSD

When I've installed FreeBSD on a physically separate drive, it usually
creates two boot menus similar to the following:

F1 ???
F2 Disk 1

(pressing F2)

F1 Disk 0
F2 FreeBSD

As far as getting KDE to work, you should have the following in your
user directory (usually /home/<username>) in the file .xinitrc

exec startkde

You can put other things in there, say if you wanted to start ymessenger
or something similar as you load KDE.  If you want to boot into
graphical right away, see the post I just went through from the last
couple days: KDM and FreeBSD

HTH

Eric F Crist
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc