On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 07:13:28AM -0800, Noah wrote:

> > Either that, or ditch the ports version of sendmail, and add the
> > following to your /etc/make.conf:
> >
> >     SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
> >     SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
> >     SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2
> >

> when I uncomment these entries in /etc/make.conf - I get the folllowing errors
> during execution of 'make' .
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] make
> "/etc/make.conf", line 404: Unassociated shell command
> "SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2"
> "/etc/make.conf", line 405: Unassociated shell command
> "SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib"
> "/etc/make.conf", line 406: Unassociated shell command
> "SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2" make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

Check the syntax of your /etc/make.conf file carefully.  Make sure
those variable assignments don't have any leading whitespace, and
particularly that they don't follow an uncommented line ending in one
or two colons.  make(1) has somehow become convinced that those lines
are commands that it should execute rather than variable settings.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way