I'm having trouble rotating my squid access.log and cache.log with newsyslog.

Here is my entry in newsyslog.conf:

/usr/local/squid/logs/access.log nobody.nogroup 644 7 * 168 Z /usr/local/squid/logs/squid.pid
(ditto, but for cache.log also)

I have the pid file, the mode, user, and group. The new log is created just fine with the correct ownership and permissions and the old one is trimmed, but squid does not actually restart. The new logfile does not get appended to.

For now, I have the newsyslog entry commented out and I'm rotating the log by hand, but sometime I'd like to get it working automatically.

For some reason, newsyslog and squid aren't working well together.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason Stewart