Aaron Sloan wrote:

Am I correct in saying the 2 ports are broken because of the checksum problem?  I'm
not really interested in using NO_CHECKSUM=YES
I also removed /usr/ports/editors/openoffice and openoffice-devel  and ran CVS again
with the same results.
Was my troubleshooting ok?

You get this message when downloaded files/archives are corrupt. I had the same problem with Openoffice, so I installed rsync from the ports and repaired the corrupt file with:

rsync -cv rsync://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/openoffice.org/stable/1.0.3/OOo_1.0.3_source.tar.bz2 /usr/ports/distfiles/openoffice1.0/OOo_1.0.3_source.tar.bz2

(put in one single line or use backslashes)

cu,
Uwe