On 10 Oct yo _ wrote:

> The problem is that ctrl-h is supposed to activate the help system in
> emacs.

The default for emacs is the help system (ctrl-h). Normally you have to
put something like this in your ~/.emacs file to overrule it:

(global-unset-key "\e\e")
(global-unset-key "\C-x\C-u")
(define-key global-map "\C-h" 'backward-char)

I get what I want thsi way: ctrl-h = backward-char

Maybe somewhere in your global config this keybinding is already set
this way?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)