Jem Matzan wrote:

        I'm writing a review of FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE and part of the review
entails outlining the significant differences between FreeBSD and
GNU/Linux (in a general sense).

These are the points that I plan on writing about:

Development philosophy
Development process
Delivery and installation of ported programs and packages
Cohesiveness of the kernel and the userland
The licensing

        Most of these I can handle on my own, but I'd like to add some official
comments from FreeBSD committers and contributors regarding development
philosophy and process. Also if you feel that I've left out something
important from the above list, please turn me on to it.
        Thanks for taking the time to respond to my request.

It's quite possible that you'll get answers from one
of these types of people via your first post; however,
it might be more likely to happen if you'd post the
message to the advocacy@ list, possibly the chat@
list, or perhaps even the hackers@ list.

However, I'd check the charter for hackers@
before sending it there.  (I don't read that one)
I'm sure you can find mailing list charters on the
freebsd.org web site (IIRC, there's one in the
handbook, among other places.)

Now, all that said, realize that I'm just a
"fan" or "general population user" of
FreeBSD, and have no official relationship
with the project other than occasional
'evangelism'.

Good luck,

Kevin Kinsey