On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:19:25 -0800, "Jon Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:
> If I install applications from the ports tree and make all the
> configuration changes then upgrade my system using cvsup, will that
> break all the installed applications? Like say one of my apps has been
> updated for a security hole, will it break it?

It won't break any of your applications.  It won't upgrade your
applications, either.  To upgrade an application after you have updated
its source with cvsup, portupgrade is excellent.  I'd recommend
installing it, reading the man page, and using it to upgrade your
applications.

Jud