At 2:17 PM -0400 10/15/03, Tom Parquette wrote:

I'm trying to configure printing on the "local" machine (Stargate) to point to lp on P3R-272.

This is what I currently have coded in Stargate's printcap
file:

lp|HP2000 on P3R-272:\
        :sh:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :rm=P3R-272.Tom.Parquette.name:

If you do not have 'rp=' specified, then (iirc) lpd will assume you mean a local printer. Try adding rp=lp: to the above printcap entry.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]