I as recently approached by a client of mine who is running (very happily so)
a FreeBSD machine as a small-business server (using samba for file/print
sharing, squid for proxy gateway, email, mySQL, and a few others). The
machine more than services the 50 or so people using it, and maintains load
averages usually less than 1.

They have recently bought into an application software which requires IBM's
DB2 database back-end; it has been proposed that they install a second server
running linux explicitly for the purpose of running IBM's DB2 for Linux. The
key question now being....

Can someone run IBm's DB2 for Linux, on a FreeBSD box? If so, will it
maintain stability even if at the loss of some performance versus running it
on an actual Linux box? Does anyone have any experience with this, and/or has
anyone out there tried this themselves yet? I have heard numerous success
stories running Oracle for Linux under FreeBSD... but have thus far been
unable to find anyone trying IBM DB2 with FreeBSD.

Any comments/suggestions/flames/etc greatly welcomed.

--
Nathan Vidican
[EMAIL PROTECTED]