On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:58:15 +0000
"Nathan Vidican" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> They have recently bought into an application software which
> requires IBM's DB2 database back-end; it has been proposed that
> they install a second server running linux explicitly for the
> purpose of running IBM's DB2 for Linux. The key question now
> being....

'Will IBM support DB2 running on FreeBSD'
The only experience I have with IBM is Unidata... and I doubt you
would get any support for DB2 on bsd.  Not related in any means
however I'd never install somehting like that without knowing it
would be supported by the vendor.

Something to think about.  ;-)

re,

Matthew Bettinger