On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:01:11 +0200, "dick hoogendijk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:23:44 +0000
> Matthew Faircliff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I never thought I would see the day, but now I can open Excel and Word
> > docs in FreeBSD no problem! And its fast!
> >
> > I'm trashing my Windows partition tonight! Viva BSD!
>
> Why didn't you just get the FreeBSD precompiled packages for OO-1.1 ??

I did (though I'm not Matthew, so I'm not answering for him), but I can't
get OpenOffice to "see" my native JDK 1.4.1 installed (from the port) on
-CURRENT.  I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has this
arrangement working.   Since I am on a 28.8K dialup connection, it would
take a long time to install the port, while I already have the package
(though it took all night to download).

Jud