This is bad information. If you dont want to kill your logical
drives, dont delete them. Windows places all extended drives in one
extended partition. (FDISK wont let you choose otherwise).

It is my opinion that you obtain a copy of some partition movement
utilities such as Partition Magic. (even though it runs in Windows/DOS
only) you should still be able to use it. You can then resize your
partitions and make room for a FreeBSD slice.

* Positive not for Partition magic: You can create "Emergency Disks"
that are bootable. So having DOS/Windows installed is not a requirement.

> --
> Rod
>
> @ Home So No Cool Signature
> http://opensourcebeef.bsd.st