i thought one only needed to use route command when routing between 3 or more networks. i have a local LAN and a subnet. however, i tried the command: route add -net 192.x.x.x 64.x.x.x

i received the error message:
route: writing to routing socket: File exists
add net 192.x.x.x: gateway 64.x.x.x: Files exists

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 05:04 PM, Tyler McGeorge wrote:

The next question on my mind would be whether or not you've established
routes?

`man route`

Hope it helps,
Tyler McGeorge
...to the rescue...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Michelle
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 3:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: natd question

i am running freebsd 4.6.2. i have 2 nic cards on the machine, one which is the external interface and connects to a router which connects to dsl. the other is internal interface for our subnet. i have enabled natd on the machine, but still cannot get packets out when on the subnet. i can ssh to the external interface, but can't ssh to a machine that is outside of our network. i checked ps aux to make sure natd is running and checked the firewall rules to make sure the natd divert rule is there. is there something else i need to configure?