Probably not the most appropriate list for this, but the best of the ones I
subscribe to...

I have set up a new freebsd/apache/mod_ssl server. I want to force all
connections to use SSL.

I know I can simply turn off listening on port 80, but because I know people
using this site will instinctivly type "http" instead of "https", I'd like
to force a redirect.

I'm guessing I'll need to use mod_rewrite, but was hoping there was an "out
of box" way like "ForceSSL" directive or something.

The box does not use vhosts if that matters at all...

If mod_rewrite, anyone have a good rewrite rule handy?

Cheers,
Brent