-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brent Wiese
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Probably dumb apache question

Probably not the most appropriate list for this, but the best of the
ones I
subscribe to...

I have set up a new freebsd/apache/mod_ssl server. I want to force all
connections to use SSL.

I know I can simply turn off listening on port 80, but because I know
people
using this site will instinctivly type "http" instead of "https", I'd
like
to force a redirect.

I'm guessing I'll need to use mod_rewrite, but was hoping there was an
"out
of box" way like "ForceSSL" directive or something.

The box does not use vhosts if that matters at all...

If mod_rewrite, anyone have a good rewrite rule handy?

Cheers,
Brent