Hello,
I have a machine with the following configuration :

1. AMD Athlon XP 1.8GHz.
2. 512 Mb DDR RAM.
3. Samsung CD/RW Drive
4. 2 HDDs - IBM(80G) + Samsung(40G).
5. ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard.
6. NVidia GEForce MX-440(64Megs dedicated DDR) Display
card.
7. DLing DFE538-TX 10/100 Mbps, ethernet card on PCI.

I burned 2 CDs from the ISOs I have downloaded, from
the ftp://ftp.freebsd.org site.
I have downloaded version 5.1 of the FreeBSD release.

During install, I get the following error :
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0, after which the
system hangs, no Keyboard access, nothing. I have to
do a power down and start up again. All devices are
detected fine, HDDs, CD/RW, Display adapters, KBD,
etc.

Am I doing something wrong ? Or is the 5.1 release
unsupported for my motherboard ? Do I need to(groan)
download another release ? Is 4.9/4.8 a stable release
? Or is there something else I'm missing out on ?

Please advise.
thanks in advance,
Kumar