Please run method two from the Handbook (which is the preferred way in my book) and let us know if the results are the same.

Procedure 2. Building a Kernel the ``New'' Way

1. Change to the /usr/src directory.

# cd /usr/src

2. Compile the kernel.

# make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

3. Install the new kernel.

# make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

Thanks,
David

Ben Palumbo wrote:
Hello, I am trying to complie a new kernel for IPsec and having problems with config(8)
palumbo# /usr/sbin/config SECONDKERNEL
SECONDKERNEL:0: unknown option "MAXUSERS"
<Snip from SECONDKERNEL file >
machine i386
cpu I586_CPU
ident SECONDKERNEL
maxusers 15
</end of snip> Looking at past mailing list/newgroups others have suggested setting maxusers to 0, and this still does not work. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ben Palumbo
uname -a FreeBSD mydonmain.net 4.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE #0: Sun Jan 19 20:02:57 EST 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/compile/FIRSTKERNEL i386