OK,

Many thanks for that :)

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Trulsson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 October 2003 20:12
To: David Jenkins
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 2 different versions of libtool installed

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 08:00:23PM -0000, David Jenkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone able to offer any advice as to how it's best to deal with
> the below. I am currently running 5.1 Release and somehow have managed

> to install libtool twice (possibly because I had to stop portupgrade
> when it was running once!). Would it best to just remove the older
> version, or perhaps both versions if possible and install the latest
> one again? Or is there a much better alternative?
>
> # pkg_info | grep libtool
> libtool-1.3.5_1     Generic shared library support script
> libtool-1.4.3_2     Generic shared library support script

Keep both.  You see, these are actually two separate ports
(devel/libtool13 and devel/libtool14) and can coexist peacefully with
each other.  (There is actually a devel/libtool15 as well.) The reason
for this is that some ports require libtool13 to work correctly, while
other need libtool14.  Thus both versions are available at the same
time, and some ports depend on one, while some depend on the other.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson