Hi all,

        I have an IDE card reader ( compact flash, secure digital, MMC, and memory
stick) that I am trying to get to work. However when I start my system with
it installed it crashes on boot up.

This is what it outputs

fault virual address    = 0x4b
fault code                      = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc03558bc
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xd6aa6c 54
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xd6aa6c 58
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gram 1
processor eflags                = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process                 = 24 (irq15: ata1)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

and it then gives the option to pause or reeboot.

If I boot up with a SD card in the reader, I get the exact same message, but
with the following just before it:

afd0: MODE_SENSE_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00 error=0x04

and it repeats this 4 times

If anyone can give me any info, explanation as to what is happenening, a link
to another site, anything, please let me know

Thanks in advance

David Lodeiro