If you want something new and yet very powerfull, you can try AWS (Ada Web Server).

This an HTTP server written in Ada (so very robust). It supports many protocols and is very simple to use.

You can find more information on http://libre.act-europe/aws

Florian

Ajitesh wrote:
Hi Friends, I have been asked to come up with some kind of system so that our company can share the data & drawings with different customers and vendors.

Present requirements: 50 Gb disk space, web access & password protected directories/folders and less expensive.

If I am wrong please correct me & also help me.

My idea is to build an "http file server".

OS: Naturally I am going to use FreeBSD

Hardware: May be I will buy two (2) 50 Gb IDE disks. Is 256 Mb ram is enough or need more? What kind of backup system we should put? Which is reliable RAID controller? Or What size of Dat's. etc.

Appls:??? (No Idea... suggestions please)

Thanks in advance