I just purchased FreeBSD 5.1 and got it installed sucessfully-YEAH!-yesterday.  I am a
"new newbie" with no previous experience with UNIX, so I feel this is a wonderful
accomplishment.  I ran accross one problem, though.  Every time I installed ALL, the
installation froze after about 30 minutes.  I tried this about 8 times and realized
that every time it froze on the exact same place.  I eventually came to the conclusion
that ALL could not fit on my hard drive (4Gb total) and installed the USER
configuration with the X thing and only KDE packages and the installation was
successful.  So was my conclusion correct?  Do I need a larger harddrive? Is 4Gb not
enough for ALL?  How big is FreeBSD anyway?