On Oct 31, 2003, at 11:54 AM, M.D. DeWar wrote:
Hello,
If I am logged in on a FreeBSD machine with ssh.
And doing say a ./configure or make and I lose connection does that stop
what I was doing ?

In general, yes-- what happens is that a broken connection results in a hangup (HUP) signal being sent to the process group containing ssh, your shell, and whatever commands might have been running.

data get corrupted etc ?

Generally not. The point of the HUP signal is to allow processes to shut down cleanly. See "man nohup", "man signal"....

--
-Xhuxk