Hi,

Alexander Kühn wrote:

powered down. You need to enable it in the PC bios and for some NICs
also in the NIC's BIOS as well (e.g. RTL 8139) using a NIC specific tool

But most drivers in Linux disable WOL per default (on the NIC). It's a common problem: WOL works if I boot into Windows then shutdown. When I shutdown from Linux the PC doesn't wake up. Only a few drivers in Linux 2.4.x (vanilla) provide a kernel option like "enable_wol=1", usually you need a kernel patch (if you can find one).

Are there similar problems on FreeBSD?

Thanks,
Alex