Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 02:02:31PM -0800, paul beard wrote:

I ended up tracking down what port owned Xos.h [XFree86-4-libraries] and rebuilding/installing it. At that point, Mozilla would build and install just fine.

However, it wouldn't run: it need libintl.so.4 and I have libintl.so.5 installed.

As you've discovered, your installed packages are inconsistent.  At
some point you updated the gettext port without rebuilding everything
that depends on it, so packages that were linked against the old
library (libintl.so.4) can no longer function because you removed it.

The fix is to rebuild everything that depends on gettext by doing e.g.
portupgrade -r gettext.

Roger that. Thanks for the solution.

--
Paul Beard
<http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

Alden's Laws:
        (1) Giving away baby clothes and furniture is the major cause
            of pregnancy.
        (2) Always be backlit.
        (3) Sit down whenever possible.